On this page:
The Latrobe Valley has a proud history of energy production and engineering and has been delivering power to Victorians for decades.
The Latrobe Valley Energy and Growth Program (LVEGP) supports community and industry projects that:
- increase the uptake of renewable energy generation projects
- create and support renewable energy jobs in the Latrobe Valley
- build capacity through research, feasibility studies, and business cases for renewable energy projects
- commission technical, regulatory, legal and/or contractual advice or services
- utilise local content, for example, skills and services
- support social, community, and economic benefits.
The current grant round has closed for new applications.
The LVEGP provided up to $3 million in grants to fund industry and community-led projects across the Local Government Areas of Latrobe City, Baw Baw, and Wellington.
Stage 1 supports implementation-ready renewable energy projects in the Latrobe Valley region.
$63,000 has been awarded to 5 renewable energy projects.
Small-scale solar installations include:
- Heyfield & District Historical Society
- Heyfield Tennis Club
- Heyfield Golf Club
- Coongulla Reserves Committee of Management
- Ramayhuck Battery Storage Project
Stage 2 of the program supported a broad range of renewable energy projects at various stages of development – from research and feasibility to implementation.
Funding was provided for innovative projects that capitalise on the renewable energy potential of the Valley and which provide long-term benefits to the Latrobe Valley community.
Applications for LVEGP-2 are now closed. Applications have been assessed, and funding awarded to 9 renewable energy projects sharing $1.98 million to deliver:
- Yallambee Aged Care Energy Optimisation Demonstration – Solar PV system
- Renewable Growth for Heyfield Project – Solar PV system
- Gippsland Climate Change Network - Agricultural demonstration of floating solar – Floating solar system
- Earthworker Emergency Portable Renewable Energy Systems Project – Portable renewable energy system manufacture and design
- Wellington Shire Council – Feasibility of geoexchange/geothermal technology
- Sunny Afternoon’s -Dairy Energy Storage Project – Battery storage
- Mt Baw Baw Trial Renewable Energy Project – Solar and battery system
- Yarram Rec Reserve - Secure Back-Up Power Supply Project - Solar and battery system
- Gippsland Employment Skills Training Project – Solar PV system
Page last updated: 19/09/22