The Roadmap sets out the Government's plan to attract Victoria's share of renewable energy investment and jobs in Australia.
The Government has also launched an initiative to source renewable energy certificates from new projects in Victoria, bringing forward around $200 million of new investment in around 100 megawatts of renewable energy projects. Further details of this initiative can be found at the Government Renewable Energy Purchasing page.
The Roadmap outlines a set of initiatives aimed at accelerating the development of renewable energy projects in Victoria. It has been developed in partnership with key energy sector stakeholders, including industry, consumer groups and environment groups.
The Roadmap identifies the following four priority areas:
- Transforming Victoria's generation stock towards renewable energy
- Addressing barriers to distributed generation and storage
- Encouraging household and community renewable generation
- Expanding the Government's role in facilitating the uptake of renewable energy
Public consultation on the Roadmap was carried out in September 2015. The views received during this process will feed into the development of the Victorian Renewable Energy Action Plan, which will set long-term actions to drive renewable energy investment in Victoria. This consultation included public forums in Melbourne, Castlemaine, Mildura, Morwell and Frankston, as well as a request for submissions from members of the public.
Download Victoria's Renewable Energy Roadmap
- Victoria's Renewable Energy Roadmap (PDF, 442.5 KB)
- Victoria's Renewable Energy Roadmap (DOCX, 131.3 KB)
What's next in developing Victoria's renewable energy future?
After considering feedback from the public consultation on the Roadmap, the Victorian Government will release the Renewable Energy Action Plan.