On this page:
- The Energy Market Ready Grants program provides start-ups in the early to market entry stage with funding to further develop their data-driven or digital solutions.
- The program is open to solutions that improve access to reliable, sustainable, and affordable energy to Victorians and capitalise on Victoria’s rich energy data resources.
This pilot program will improve understanding of the innovation journey and barriers start-ups face at the early to market entry stage. The pilot outcomes will be evaluated to determine what support is most needed by Victorian start-ups with energy-related products and services. As this is a pilot, feedback from applicants will be required throughout the program.
The objective of the program is to support start-ups with innovative digital energy solutions that benefit consumers and contribute to Victoria’s energy transition.
Funding will be provided to:
- demonstrate the opportunities that digital or data-driven solutions present for the energy transition
- realise benefits for start-ups to operate and scale digital energy solutions in Victoria
- support the development of innovative solutions with a unique value proposition that demonstrate clear benefits for consumers
- build collaboration between government and start-ups to develop the digital energy ecosystem.
Grants of either $25,000 or $50,000 are available to successful applicants from a total funding pool of $150,000. Applicants will need to demonstrate completion of all project activities within 6 months of receiving the grant.
Funding for wages and professional services are classed as eligible expenditure under the program, but cannot be paid retrospectively, for example to recover costs incurred in developing the product or applying for the grant). All project costs and funding should be provided as part of the application submission.
Applications must be submitted on Tuesday 11 April 2023 by 5pm.
For technical help with Grants Online, contact the grants online team.
Have a question? Read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Mandatory forms to be submitted with your application
Successful applicants must enter into a funding agreement with the Victorian Government. Funding agreements establish the parties and outline their commitments and obligations to each other, as well as setting out the general funding terms and conditions.
Please review the terms and conditions of the Funding Agreement before applying. Note that the template does not need to be submitted at the time of application.
Page last updated: 14/03/23