On this page:
Some businesses waste a large amount of water each year, resulting in high water and energy costs and placing pressure on our community's water supply. By installing water-efficient spray valves, your business can save money on purchase costs, reduce water and energy bills and help the environment.
All Victorian businesses are eligible to participate.
Your participation is voluntary.
Key steps to organise an upgrade to water-efficient pre-rinse spray valves
To get a discount on the installation of a water-efficient pre-rinse spray valve you must:
- install an approved product
Hint: research these products for their suitability and quality. There are a lot of products approved for installation as part of VEU. Not all products are of the same quality or suitable for every environment.
- work with an accredited provider
Hint: get quotes from several providers. Accredited providers offer different types of products, services, expertise, and costs. Make sure to get a quote from several accredited providers on the final installed price of the appliance, which includes the discount.
Working with accredited providers
An accredited provider is:
- any business that is approved to deliver or facilitate installations in the VEU program
- responsible for helping you get a discount on an installed appliance through the VEU program.
When doing an installation through the VEU program, accredited providers can either:
- use their own tradesperson, or
- work with a tradesperson of your choice.
Accredited providers will be able to explain:
- the steps to take part in the program
- the types of products can you install to get a discount
- the necessary qualifications of the tradesperson who installs the spray valve.
Remember: you must work with an accredited provider to get a discount on an installed appliance through the VEU program.
How to check if a person or business is accredited under the VEU program
The Essential Services Commission’s VEU Registry of Accredited Persons:
- select the 'Business Name' drop-down menu
- scroll until you see the accredited provider you are searching for.
Note: accredited providers often work with installers who are not listed on the registry.
How much discount you can expect
Incentives of up to the following amounts are available for the average business:
To be purchased
High-efficiency pre-rinse spray valve
$210 per pre-rinse spray valve
*This figure is based on a certificate price of $70.
The final installed price of the appliance, which includes the discount, is up to the accredited provider and will depend on several factors, including:
- certificate price (which fluctuates)
- installation costs
- the accredited provider’s administrative costs.
For more information on the certificate price under the VEU program, please see Victorian Energy Efficiency Certificates (VEECs).
Find an accredited provider in your area
Can’t find an accredited provider in your area?
Please note that as VEU is a market-based program:
- not all accredited providers listed above will necessarily be offering spray valves at present
- accredited providers can choose when and where they undertake upgrades.
Page last updated: 14/02/24