On this page:
Our energy sector is rapidly transforming as we move to low-emission, renewable energy sources to achieve our economy-wide 2045 net-zero emissions goal.
Victoria will legislate updated renewable electricity targets of:
- 65% by 2023
- 95% by 2035.
This provides investment certainty to attract new energy projects, technologies and companies to the state.
Businesses and industries are key to providing the investment and technology we need to transition.
We are helping businesses seeking to invest in the state’s clean energy future by:
- supporting renewable energy projects
- promoting investment opportunities
- building local skills and supply chain capability.
Investing in Victoria's new energy technology sector
Victoria’s priority renewable energy subsectors
- Solar energy
- Onshore Wind
- Offshore Wind
- Energy Storage
- Renewable hydrogen
- Digital energy and innovation
- Zero emissions vehicles
- Victoria’s new energy technology investment prospectus – outlines the investment opportunities arising from Victoria’s energy transition and encompasses an introductory Overview Pack, as well as a pack for each subsector outlined above.
- Overview of the Victorian network connection and approval processes – explains the process for connecting to the grid.
These documents are available on request by emailing the Business and Industry Engagement team
Page last updated: 13/02/24