On this page:
Double-glazed windows are very energy efficient. They help reduce heat loss or heat gain by almost 30% compared to single-glazed windows.
To be eligible to upgrade your windows and get a discount you must:
- be a Victorian household or business
- have single glazed windows.
Your participation is voluntary.
Key steps when organising a window glazing installation
To get a discount on the installation of an in-home display, you must:
- install an approved product
Hint: research these products for their suitability and quality. There are a lot of products approved for installation as part of VEU. Not all products are of the same quality or suitable for every environment.
- work with an accredited provider
Hint: get quotes from several providers. Accredited providers offer different types of products, services, expertise and costs. Make sure to get a quote from several accredited providers on the final installed price of the appliance, which includes the discount.
Working with accredited providers
An accredited provider is:
- any business that is approved to deliver or facilitate installations in the VEU program
- responsible for helping you get a discount on an installed appliance through the VEU program.
When doing an installation through the VEU program, accredited providers can either:
- use their own tradesperson, or
- work with a tradesperson of your choice.
Accredited providers will be able to explain:
- the steps to take part in the program
- the types of products can you install to get a discount
- the necessary qualifications of the tradesperson who installs the window glazing.
Remember: you must work with an accredited provider to get a discount on an installed appliance through the VEU program.
How to check if a person or business is accredited under the VEU program
Go to Essential Services Commission’s VEU Registry of Accredited Persons and:
- select the 'Business Name' drop-down menu
- scroll until you see the accredited provider you are searching for.
Note: accredited providers often work with installers who are not listed on the registry.
What discounts are available?
The VEU program provides discounts for the following:
- replacing single glazed windows with double glazed windows
- installing a product to existing windows to improve thermal efficiency.
Incentives of up to the following amounts are available for the average business:
|To be installed
Upgrading four large windows with thermally broken aluminium framed double glazing with a WERS rating of rated 4.2 stars (totalling 10m2 of glazing) in metropolitan Victoria
Upgrading four large windows with a glass or acrylic glazing product (totalling 10m2) that results in an air gap in metropolitan Victoria
<*Discount/rebate will vary. This figure is based on a certificate price of $70.
The final installed price of the windows, which includes the discount, is up to the accredited provider and will depend on several factors, including:
- certificate price (which fluctuates)
- type of equipment and efficiency
- installation costs
- the accredited provider’s administrative costs.
For more information on the certificate price under the VEU program, please see Victorian Energy Efficiency Certificates (VEECs).
Find an accredited provider in your area
Can’t find an accredited provider in your area?
Please note that as VEU is a market-based program:
- not all accredited providers listed below will necessarily be offering window glazing at present
- accredited providers can choose when and where they undertake upgrades.
Page last updated: 15/02/24