On this page:
Some businesses waste a large amount of water each year, resulting in high water and energy costs and placing pressure on our community's water supply. By installing water-efficient spray valves, your business can save money on purchase costs, reduce water and energy bills and help the environment.
All Victorian businesses are eligible to participate.
Your participation is voluntary.
How to organise upgrades to water-efficient pre-rinse spray valves
You must work with an accredited provider to organise upgrades to your business’ pre-rinse spray valves. Accredited providers deliver or facilitate upgrades/rebates under the VEU program.
To check if a person or business is an accredited provider, go to the Essential Services Commission’s VEU Registry of Accredited Persons and:
- select the 'Business Name' drop-down menu
- scroll until you see the accredited provider you are searching for.
Tips when organising an upgrade
- Shop around. As with any market, it’s worth shopping around and finding the right fit for your needs.
- Ensure the product's suitability. To get a rebate, you must install an approved product. Search the Essential Services Commission register of products for approved products.
- Accredited providers operate freely like any other businesses and can choose what upgrades they deliver, with some keeping waiting lists for activities and may contact you if circumstances change.
Remember to do your research on products. Not all products are of the same quality or suitability for all working environments.
How much rebate can you expect?
To be purchased
High-efficiency pre-rinse spray valve
$240 per pre-rinse spray valve
*Discount or rebate will vary. This figure is based on a certificate price of $60, and the average efficiency of products improved under the program.
The final price will depend on several factors, including:
- certificate price
- type of pre-rinse spray valve
- installation costs
- administrative costs by accredited providers.
Find an accredited provider in your area
Page last updated: 07/09/22