Increases in the cost of gas have led many Victorian businesses to look at ways to reduce their gas consumption, as gas can contribute significantly to a business or organisation’s energy bill.
Improving the efficiency of its use is one of the best ways to reduce your business’ energy bills. Improving the efficiency of your gas steam boilers, hot water boilers, or water heaters also requires less maintenance in the long term.
All Victorian businesses, schools, community groups and organisations are eligible to participate.
Your participation is voluntary.
How to organise gas efficiency upgrade
To organise a gas efficiency upgrade, you must work with an accredited provider. Accredited providers deliver or facilitate upgrades/rebates under the VEU program.
To check if a person or business is an accredited provider, go to the Essential Services Commission’s VEU Registry of Accredited Persons and:
- select the 'Business Name' drop-down menu
- scroll until you see the accredited provider you are searching for.
Tips when organising an upgrade
- Shop around. As with any market, it's worth shopping around and working out the right fit for your business’ needs.
- Ensure the product's suitability. To get a rebate, you must install an approved product.
- Search the Essential Services Commission register of products for approved products.
- Accredited providers operate freely like any other businesses and can choose what upgrades they deliver, with some keeping waiting lists for activities and may contact you if circumstances change.
Remember to do your research on products. Not all products are of the same quality or suitability for all working environments.
Find an accredited provider in your area
Page last updated: 06/09/22