Increases in the cost of gas have led many Victorian businesses to look at ways to reduce their gas consumption, as gas can contribute significantly to a business or organisation’s energy bill.
Improving the efficiency of its use is one of the best ways to reduce your business’ energy bills. Improving the efficiency of your gas steam boilers, hot water boilers, or water heaters also requires less maintenance in the long term.
All Victorian businesses, schools, community groups and organisations are eligible to participate.
Your participation is voluntary.
Key steps to organise a gas efficiency upgrade
To get a discount on the installation of a gas efficiency upgrade you must:
- install an approved product
Hint: research these products for their suitability and quality. There are a lot of products approved for installation as part of VEU. Not all products are of the same quality or suitable for every environment.
- work with an accredited provider
Hint: get quotes from several providers. Accredited providers offer different types of products, services, expertise, and costs. Make sure to get a quote from several accredited providers on the final installed price of the appliance, which includes the discount.
Working with accredited providers
An accredited provider is:
- any business that is approved to deliver or facilitate installations in the VEU program
- responsible for helping you get a discount on an installed appliance through the VEU program.
When doing an installation through the VEU program, accredited providers can either:
- use their own tradesperson, or
- work with a tradesperson of your choice.
Accredited providers will be able to explain:
- the steps to take part in the program
- the types of products can you install to get a discount
- the necessary qualifications of the tradesperson who does the gas efficiency upgrade.
Remember: you must work with an accredited provider to get a discount on an installed appliance through the VEU program.
How to check if a person or business is accredited under the VEU program
Go to the Essential Services Commission’s VEU Registry of Accredited Persons and:
- select the ‘Business Name’ drop-down menu
- scroll until you see the accredited provider you are searching for.
Note: accredited providers often work with installers who are not listed on the registry.
Find an accredited provider in your area
Can’t find an accredited provider in your area?
Please note that as VEU is a market-based program:
- not all accredited providers listed below will necessarily be offering a gas efficiency upgrade at present
- accredited providers can choose when and where they undertake upgrades.
Page last updated: 28/08/23