On this page:
Light-emitting diodes (LEDs) are more efficient than older technologies and have good light quality, instant start up-times and last longer, so you won’t have to replace them as often.
Victorian businesses can receive rebates or discounts by replacing old lighting equipment or installing energy control systems.
All Victorian businesses that use commercial and/or industrial lighting are eligible to participate.
Your participation is voluntary.
How to organise upgrades to commercial and industrial lighting
To organise an upgrade to your business’ commercial and industrial lighting infrastructure, you must work with an accredited provider. Accredited providers deliver or facilitate upgrades/rebates under the VEU program.
To check if a person or business is an accredited provider, go to the Essential Services Commission’s VEU Registry of Accredited Persons and:
- select the 'Business Name' drop-down menu
- scroll until you see the accredited provider you are searching for.
Tips when organising an upgrade
- Shop around. As with any market, it's worth shopping around and finding the right fit for your business’ needs.
- Ensure the product's suitability. To get a rebate, you must install an approved product.
- Search the Essential Services Commission register of products for approved products.
- Accredited providers operate freely like any other businesses and can choose what upgrades they deliver, with some keeping waiting lists for activities and may contact you if circumstances change.
Remember to do your research on products. Not all products are of the same quality or suitability for all working environments.
How much rebate can you expect?
|Participation example||Indicative rebate*|
|In an office, 100 fluorescent tubes (24 watts per tube) are removed from the existing luminaire and replaced with 50 LED luminaires (16 watts)||$2,280|
|In a manufacturing plant located in a regional area, 100 metal halide high bays (300 watts per lamp) are removed and replaced with 100 LED (150 watts per lamp) luminaires||$14,760|
*Discount or rebate will vary. These figures are based on a certificate price of $60.
The final price will depend on several factors, including:
- certificate price
- type of equipment and efficiency
- installation costs
- administrative costs by accredited providers.
Find an accredited provider in your area
Page last updated: 26/09/22