This plan outlines the action that the Victorian Government is taking to encourage investment in our energy sector and to ensure Victorians continue to benefit from a renewable, affordable and reliable energy system into the future.
The Renewable Energy Action Plan invests $146 million across three focus areas:
- Supporting sector growth
- Empowering communities and consumers
- Modernising our energy system
Key initiatives include:
- $48.1 million for renewable energy certificate purchasing, including powering Victoria’s tram fleet. This has also brought forward the development of two new wind farms totalling 100MW and a new 75MW solar farm, resulting in over $350 million of investment and 500 new regional jobs.
- $15.8 million for smart software system, solar and battery storage microgrid initiatives across the state, and
- $25 million to deploy grid-scale battery storage facilities in the west of Victoria by Summer 2018.
Download Victoria’s Renewable Energy Action Plan
- Renewable Energy Action Plan (PDF, 4.4 MB)
- Renewable Energy Action Plan (accessible version) (DOCX, 490.7 KB)
2017 Statement of Progress
The 2017 Statement of Progress outlines how the Victorian Government is meeting our Action Plan commitments. The Government has implemented several key parts of our strategy to transform our energy sector, in addition to making progress across all 23 actions in the Plan.