The Renewable Energy Action Plan outlines the action that the Victorian Government is taking to encourage investment in our energy sector and to ensure Victorians continue to benefit from a renewable, affordable and reliable energy system into the future.
The Action Plan invests $146 million across three focus areas:
- Supporting sector growth
- Empowering communities and consumers
- Modernising our energy system
Key initiatives include:
- $48.1 million for renewable energy certificate purchasing, including powering Victoria’s tram fleet. This has also brought forward the development of two new wind farms totalling 100MW and a new 75MW solar farm, resulting in over $350 million of investment and 500 new regional jobs.
- $15.8 million for smart software system, solar and battery storage microgrid initiatives across the state, and
- $25 million to deploy grid-scale battery storage facilities in the west of Victoria by Summer 2018.
Download Victoria’s Renewable Energy Action Plan
- Renewable Energy Action Plan (PDF, 4.4 MB)
- Renewable Energy Action Plan (accessible version) (DOCX, 490.7 KB)
2017 Statement of Progress
The 2017 Statement of Progress outlines how the Victorian Government is meeting our Action Plan commitments. The Government has implemented several key parts of our strategy to transform our energy sector, in addition to making progress across all 23 actions in the Plan.
Download 2017 Statement of Progress
Victoria's Renewable Energy Roadmap
Victoria's Renewable Energy Roadmap was released in 2015 to inform the development of the Renewable Energy Action Plan. The Roadmap identifies the following four priority areas:
- Transforming Victoria's generation stock towards renewable energy
- Addressing barriers to distributed generation and storage
- Encouraging household and community renewable generation
- Expanding the Government's role in facilitating the uptake of renewable energy
Public consultation on the Roadmap was carried out in September 2015. The views received during this process have fed into the development of the Victorian Renewable Energy Action Plan to set long-term actions to drive renewable energy investment in Victoria. This consultation included public forums in Melbourne, Castlemaine, Mildura, Morwell and Frankston, as well as a request for submissions from members of the public.
Download Victoria's Renewable Energy Roadmap
Page last updated: 14/04/20