The Victorian Renewable Energy Auction Scheme supports the achievement of the Victorian Renewable Energy Targets (VRET). The government has increased the VRET to 50% by 2030. Successful projects of the first auction were announced on Tuesday 11 September 2018.
Successful projects of the 2018 auction
The successful wind and solar projects contracted under the first VRET auction brought forward more than 800 MW of new renewable capacity – enough electricity to power more than 570,000 Victorian households. The projects supported more than 800 jobs during construction and delivered approximately $1 billion of economic investment in Victoria.
Successful VRET auction projects
- Berrybank Wind Farm (180 MW) by Global Power Generation, west of Geelong
- Cohuna Solar Farm (34 MW) by Enel Green Power Australia, east of Kerang
- Dundonnell Wind Farm (336 MW) by Tilt Renewables, north-east of Warrnambool
- Mortlake South Wind Farm (158 MW) by Acciona, south of Mortlake
- Winton Solar Farm (99 MW) by Fotowatio Renewable Ventures, east of Benalla
Page last updated: 29/04/22