The Victorian Government is ensuring Victoria captures the benefits of a renewable hydrogen economy through the Victorian Hydrogen Investment Program (VHIP).
VHIP sets out a clear pathway to developing the Victorian hydrogen sector.
- Through a Request for Industry Submissions process, the Victorian Government explored the current extent of market interest and opportunity for hydrogen, including the status of current and planned projects.
Green Hydrogen Discussion Paper
- The Victorian Government is committed to shifting the state's energy use to cleaner, more sustainable sources - and renewable hydrogen has the potential to support this transition. To understand the scope of this opportunity in Victoria, the Victorian Government requested submissions to the Green Hydrogen Discussion Paper. On 5 February 2020 submissions closed.
- The submissions to the Discussion Paper will help the Victorian Government target Victoria’s renewable hydrogen opportunities and address barriers. This information will help guide the development of a Victorian Renewable Hydrogen Industry Development Plan.
- The Industry Development Plan will provide a roadmap to establishing a thriving renewable hydrogen economy, including future investment opportunities for the Victorian Government.
- To view the discussion paper and the public submissions, please visit engage.vic.gov.au/vhip.
- Thank you to everyone who contributed and submitted to the Discussion Paper.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Page last updated: 24/02/21