On this page:
Refrigeration is a significant cost for some businesses. Older commercial refrigeration units powered with inefficient motor-driven fans use more energy than energy-efficient refrigeration fans sold today. It’s possible to reduce these costs by upgrading to more efficient technology.
All Victorian businesses with an older cool room, refrigerated display cabinet or freezer are eligible to participate.
Your participation is voluntary.
How to organise upgrades to refrigeration and ventilation fans
To organise an upgrade to your business’ refrigeration and ventilation fans, you must work with an accredited provider. Accredited providers deliver or facilitate upgrades/rebates under the VEU program.
To check if a person or business is an accredited provider, go to the Essential Services Commission’s VEU Registry of Accredited Persons and:
- select the 'Business Name' drop-down menu
- scroll until you see the accredited provider you are searching for.
Tips when organising an upgrade
- Shop around. As with any market, it’s worth shopping around and finding the right fit for your needs.
- Ensure the product's suitability. To get a rebate, you must install an approved product. Search the Essential Services Commission register of products for approved products.
- Accredited providers operate freely like any other businesses and can choose what upgrades they deliver, with some keeping waiting lists for activities and may contact you if circumstances change.
Remember to do your research on products. Not all products are of the same quality or suitability for all working environments.
How much rebate can you expect?
To be installed
Air-handling system (ventilation)
*Discount or rebate will vary. This figure is based on a certificate price of $60.
The final price will depend on several factors, including:
- certificate price
- type of equipment and efficiency
- installation costs
- administrative costs by accredited providers.
Find an accredited provider in your area
Page last updated: 07/09/22