1. Why are you not providing funding in my area?
The undergrounding of POELs has been administered in stages according to local government areas, or LGAs. The LGAs targeted have been selected based on an assessment of highest bushfire risk as identified by the Powerline Bushfire Safety Program.
2. Will the program be going into other areas?
No. The program only targeted the eligible 33 Local Government Areas (LGAs) as listed, with the final stage now closed.
3. Why did you not provide funding for insulated powerlines?
The government funds must be judiciously managed to only target the 'riskiest' powerlines. Powerlines that are completely insulated are considered to be significantly less likely to cause bushfires than those that are bare-wire.
4. I have recently paid to have my powerline placed underground. Can I be reimbursed for this?
No. Funding is not provided for powerlines that are in the process of, or have already been placed underground.
5. When did the application period close?
The program began in 2013 with the final application period closing on 28 February 2018. No further applications will be accepted.
Page last updated: 31/12/18